Tuesday, February 6, 2007

library thing

Perhaps I was meant to work in a library because sometimes I just like cataloging things. I use a database on one website to catalog all my vinyl collection and have kept a book log of everything I've read in the last couple years. I had a lot of fun playing around with LibraryThing and decided to input my book log into my library. I find this to be a more resourceful to look at what I've been reading, tag books subjects, and compare them to others with similar reading interests.
The only thing I didn't like about LibraryThing was that the little widget sidebar I created will only display random books from my library when I'd much rather have it display my favorites. It's not fun to see a book I really disliked or am embarrassed I read pop up on my blog as if I endorse it. I guess I will have to trust people to go to my library page and read my actual ratings and reviews of those books!

No comments: