Thursday, February 15, 2007

#13 Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us seems like a handy site and while I haven't signed up for an account I can't promise that I won't in the future. Recently my computer running Windows 98 died and I lost all of my bookmarked sites which was annoying, but to be honest half were saved from college that I had filed away and probably hadn't looked at in years. Perhaps if I was doing a lot of research I could justify using it but at this point it's not necessity.
Also, maybe I'm nit-picky, but I'm not sold on tagging, especially after some of the things I came across in Flickr. In theory I think it's a good idea - in theory, but there doesn't seem to be any real guidelines although I will say del.icio.us seemed better about it than Flickr. What about all the people out there tagging things who can't spell or aren't using commas? Or are just plain mislabeling things? And why do I want to know what other pages these people have saved?

No comments: