Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Web-based Apps

So I tried out Zoho writer which could've been really useful a few months ago when my husband upgraded my computer and I freaked because it didn't have Word on it. Eventually I got my hands on a copy of MS Office, but for those who can't or don't want to shell out for an updated version of Office, Zoho could do the trick. I imagine it would be helpful to store frequently used documents there too: your resume could always be just an internet conection away or you could back up important documents if your computer were to die and burst into flames taking all your back up discs and thumb drives with it.
My only concern is how secure this information would be. Last summer I had to deal with someone stealing my credit card number over the internet, if I loaded my resume on Zoho or Google docs would I have to worry about someone having access to that very personal information too?
There's lots more exploring I'll have to do.

No comments: