Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Discovering Web 2.0 tools

I browsed the list of winners from Web 2.0 and was surprised to see several sites I already frequent were listed on there. I decided to check out one I was not familiar with and played around on wists which is like a social shopping list with pictures. It's a cool idea - now when I make a wish list for xmas I can include photos so I can make sure I get the exact item I want. I used to sell my crafts off of my website, but perhaps I could list an item on wists and get more hits.
I tried to think how some of these sites could be used in a library setting. I suppose reference could use some of them to direct patrons using the internet to different sites depending on what they are searching for. I thought some of the mapping sites were helpful if you were new in town and needed to look up information from local haunts to four star dining.

No comments: